I had the pleasure to meet Leigh Fogle, co-Founder and CBDO at BKON while they were visiting 1871 in December. This will be an ideal technology for our clients in shopper marketing and events promotion. I’m very excited about developing mobile apps to interact with this location-based marketing technology. There is a very real opportunity to connect the Internet of Things to the retail space and engage shoppers on a whole new level. I am currently exploring a way for brands to use a simple WordPress site to update messaging and track consumers that enter reatail locations where we have deployed Beacon Technology.
Here’s a bit of technical data around the products BKON has to offer. We are planning to put these in a POP display unit for Brewed in Chicago soon.
Perfect for the development lab, for trials, and for learning about Bluetooth Low Energy technology.
- Dimensions: 30 mm diameter x 6 mm
- Weight: 6 grams with battery
- Packaging: Open
- Battery: Replaceable 2032 lithium coin cell
(4 month average battery life at typical settings)
- Range: up to 100 meters at the highest power setting
- Output power: -30 dBm to +4 dBm, 2.4 GHz RF
- Advertising Rate: Options between 100 ms and 1285 ms
- Temperature: Operates in conditions -20°c / + 80°c (-4°F / +176°F)
- Core IC: Nordic semiconductor Bluetooth® Smart radio and CPU